I’ve had a recent raft of celebrations, and it’s been so much fun! From weddings and graduations to new jobs (and more new jobs) to holidays to just getting together with friends, it seems like there’s been a reason to celebrate every week recently. If the rest of my life could continue with just nothing but lovely get-together after lovely get-together like the ones I’ve had so far this spring, I would be perfectly content!
Here’s what’s been on the docket recently:
- The loveliest bridal shower get-together for my friend, whose sister organized a cooking class in TriBeCa from a rad place called Cooking by the Book. It was run out of a wonderful couple’s home (with an industrial kitchen!) and we made some of the most amazing yams and quite possibly the BEST GELATO OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. (Who am I kidding, it was definitely the best!)
- A real actual wedding (same friend as above!), this time in the Bronx. That’s two new neighborhoods (boroughs? ‘hoods? nabes? whatever) visited in one week! My friend was the most gracious bride of all time, marrying the nicest manfriend ever, and I had a blast dancing the night away with (until then) complete strangers. Here is a picture of the view from the dance floor:
Doesn’t that look just so… quintessential? Oh and THEN! I went with my friend to see Rocky the Musical, on Broadway. It was pretty much the best thing ever. There was a training montage and so much cheesy goodness, plus we got Twizzlers and sippie-cup boozes. A good time was had by all!
- The graduation AND new job of my most hilarious and affable friends, which of COURSE involved one or more of the following:
- Midnight pancakes
- 20 types of tequila
- More karaoke
- $3.50 cocktails (can’t go wrong at that price, people)
- The new job of my other good friend, who not only now gets to work for an amazing company, but bring her baby to work and quit with the incessant globetrotting already, celebrated with brunch at one of my favorite spots in Portland
- An international visit from a good friend’s cousin, celebrated with the most excellent of cocktails and some mighty, mighty tasty grub
- Special ladyfriend’s new promotion (and employee of the year award!), which she has been working for for absolutely ever, celebrated with champagne and a special dinner at home; followed by a weekend dinner out with – what else – more food and cocktails with some of our favorite people!
Too much fun and far too much food, I tells ya. What have you been up to, dear readers? It’s been far, far too long.