Guess what today is, guys?!?
Today marks the sixth anniversary of THIS BLOG! Amazing, eh? It’s weird to look back on the stuff I was writing in 2006 and think about what was going on in my life then and remember how whatever topic I chose was sort of a proxy for how I was feeling.
It’s rare I discuss actual personal life or stuff of that nature on here, because, well, some of you know me IRL, and as for the rest of you – if you don’t comment, I have no way of knowing whether you’re a real person or actually secretly scary monkeys from 4chan hell-bent on discovering my address and “lighting” crosses in my yard:
Anyway, why not take a little trip down memory lane in honor of this blog’s birthday, eh? It first began waaaay back in the days of MySpace. Everyone had a blog then.
At some point, I killed that blog – I think it had to do with an ex. I transferred all the posts over here, and some didn’t make the cut. Most of the “archives” that didn’t make it were the fashion posts, as I didn’t have the original pictures. Additionally, all the readers were people I actually knew – so I could post pictures of myself wearing dorky outfits asking questions like, “Does this blouse make me look washed out?” and get responses without wondering if I’d be recognized by psychos and set on fire (or, alternatively, mocked).
Many more posts didn’t make the cut because they were too personal. This space, which started as a creative outlet and personal record, has morphed over the years into a space for political commentary and general whinging. Which is fine. Although sometimes I do miss the bully pulpit of personal offloading.
In any case, here are some posts of note from the Wayback Machine to celebrate the sixth blogiversary of this them thar internet home of ours:
- First public post! Complaints about hipsters, naturally.
- That “generous friend”? She is Special Ladyfriend now. NOTE TO SELF: The way to get girls (six years later) is by giving them cars. Ha! I kid, I kid. That thing stranded me in more weird places, I tell you what.
- This is what I do every day after work.
- ADD is a terrible thing to waste.
- Class anxiety: Here, here, here, and here. Oh and here too.
- Breedin! Breedin! Breedin!
- Shenanigans! Shenanigans! Shenanigans!
Thanks for reading, you guys make my internet-life complete! <3 <3 <3