Happy Halloween! (from my Spooky Skeleton Foot)

31 Oct

Happy Halloween! What could be spookier than a spooky skeletal picture of my broken foot?

Spooooky

Naturally, I broke it while dancing. Dancing IN COSTUME, no less. NERD COSTUME, even. You’d be hard-pressed to find a more “me” way of injuring myself.

Here’s a closer look at the jagged little bone:

Eep!

Via Providence Hospital. The lady says, “I’m not allowed to tell you what your x-rays say, but I’d stay off of your foot for a while.”

What are you doing to celebrate (and stay safe) this Halloween?

About these ads

11 Responses to “Happy Halloween! (from my Spooky Skeleton Foot)”

1. rosettesandrevolution October 31, 2012 at 8:51 pm #

Boo.

• Sarah November 4, 2012 at 4:11 am #

That is the perfect one-word entendre/response. :)

2. Lydia October 31, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

Ouch! I hope you were able to get some pain killers or something.

I’m frying up some bacon and eggs and slowly catching up on Mad Men tonight as I’m getting over a cold and don’t feel up for anything more adventurous.

Tomorrow I will be hitting the drug store to see how irresistible the post-Halloween candy sales are. Which is kind of the opposite of taking care of myself…but it’s Halloween candy! And it’s on sale! Who can resist that?

Plus I’ll (theoretically) dole it out a little at a time so it’s ok. :D

• Sarah October 31, 2012 at 9:40 pm #

Yummmmm – post-Halloween sales are the best. We always try to stock up on all the discounted decorations for our annual Halloween in April parties. :D We’ve amassed a pretty good collection so far but there is always room for more. Halloween is sooo my favorite holiday. (other than my birthday, of course!)

Where are you in Mad Men so far? I recently got all the way caught up after years of hearing everyone talk about how good it is, and now I’m completely addicted.

• Lydia Schoch November 3, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

We just started season 4. I’m surprised at how consistently good it is from season to season. Some show start out meh and later become amazing (or vice versa). Hopefully Mad Men will continue to impress me. I’ve really enjoyed it so far!

3. Heather October 31, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

That is hilarious that she said she couldn’t tell you what the xray said, but thought you should stay off of your foot! LOL!

We have our annual family Halloween party at our house, then trick-or-treating with the kids!

• Sarah October 31, 2012 at 9:56 pm #

That was before I saw the X-rays – that was my first clue that it was broken and not just a sprain or something. It’s so weird that the X-Ray people aren’t allowed to tell you what they see – I guess they have to wait for an Official Doctor Opinion. Silly!

Have fun at your party and with Trick-or-Treating!! All the costumes will be, I’m sure, super-profundo awesome. :)

4. thelesbiannextdoor November 1, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

Owie! Hope you feel better soon!

• Sarah November 1, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

Thanks! Me too. :)

5. apvaughan November 29, 2012 at 10:08 pm #

GAH! I just majorly cringed. Ow. So, what costume? I think I must dig into your blog now and find out.

• Sarah November 29, 2012 at 10:36 pm #

Oh dear – I don’t think I’ve done a Halloween post yet – for shame! I was Six and my ladyfriend was Starbuck, from Battlestar Galactica. Such high nerdliness was bound to end in injury. You can see a picture of our silly costumes here.